Xposed Installer is an Android application for rooted Android smartphone to adding a framework and we can install the modules for it to boost our Android device performance, change the appearance (color, icon, font, etc...), and another great function. Xposed is made by Rovo89@XDA and Tungtstwenty@XDA. To know more about xposed and how it works, you can visit the xda developer forum.
Quoted from the developer:
"Xposed is a framework for modules that can change the behavior of the system and apps without touching any APKs. That's great because it means that modules can work for different versions and even ROMs without any changes (as long as the original code was not changed too much). It's also easy to undo. As all changes are done in the memory, you just need to deactivate the module and reboot to get your original system back. There are many other advantages, but here is just one more: Multiple modules can do changes to the same part of the system or app. With modified APKs, you to decide for one. No way to combine them, unless the author builds multiple APKs with different combinations."
Xposed need Android version 4.0.3 up to 4.4. The Android Lollipop and Marshmallow version is still on developing progress untill now.
Steps to install Xposed Framework Installer for Android
- Make sure that your Android device is on rooted.
- Download, install, and open the Xposed Installer.apk, don't forget to grant it superuser rights if asked.
- Tap on "Framework", and then tap "Install / Update" to begin install Xposed on your Android smartphone device. After done, reboot the device.
- Allright, we now just need to install the modules for xposed. The modules is basically just a normal APK file like other application, you can choose which one you need and compatible with your Android device. Choose wisely because there is a million of Xposed modules out there :v . Again, you can visit the xda forum to get more information about Xposed modules.
- Install the module, and then open the Xposed app. Tap on "Module" and activate it by check it. Reboot your Android device, and the module is ready to rock and roll :v .