Want to move application data to external memory? Or do you want to play HD games on your Android device with Gigas size but only have small phone storage? Then the solution is using Xposed module called "Xinternalsd". Xinternalsd has been tested by me on Samsung Galaxy V (Android Kitkat 4.4.2) which only have +- 2GB internal memory space :'v . But how if I want to install game Modern Combat 3 (1.5GB) and FIFA 14 (1.5GB) at the same time? It could happen with Xinternalsd app. XinternalSD is created by one of Xda forum member pyler@XDA.
Xinternalsd will redirect the app access from internal memory (storage/emulated/0/) to external memory card (storage/extSdCard/) by changing the targetted application behaviour. For example if an application think it must write or read in folder storage/emulated/0/myfiles/ (internal memory), in reality XinternalSD had redirect the application "think" to storage/extSdCard/myfiles/ (external memory). By this way, we can move the OBB file of HD game that usually > 1GB to external memory card storage/extSdCard/Android/obb/.
• Xposed Framework installed
Steps moving (or redirecting) Application & Game data to external memory card (SD Card) using XinternalSD
- Install XinternalSD.apk
- Open the Xposed Installer app, tap on "Modules" and check XinternalSD to activate it. Reboot your Android smartphone device.
- Open XinternalSD, wait for it loading, tap on "enable for apps", and select application or game you want to apply the XinternalSD rule. Done! now applications or games enabled in XinternalSD that try to access internal storage (storage/emulated/0/) will be redirected to external storage (storage/extSdCard/).
My exprience when using it, almost all game work by XinternalSD method like GTA (GTA III, GTA VC, GTA SA), Final Fantasy (III + IV), FIFA (FIFA 14, FIFA 15), and other games i had played except Angry Bird Transformer. And this also work on PPSSPP (redirected to storage/extSdCard/PSP/) and ePSXe (redirected to storage/extSdCard/epsxe/).
- Developer of xposed installer dan xinternal sd (More info, please search info at forums.xda-developers.com).
- Syamsul Ramdan Firdaus@Facebook, for the info.
XinternalSD android application version history download link
- Android 6.0 support, hopefully :) .
- Update some code's
- Update German translation
- Update translation
- Show package name in application list
- Show option to hide app icon
This Xposed module is available for free at repo.xposed.info. Consider DONATIONS to the developer if you found it usefull.